The Lisbon MBA Diaries – the students share their experience
The Lisbon MBA is a partnership between the two top portuguese business schools, FCEE Católica and NOVA, in collaboration with MIT Sloan (USA). This blog is a place for The Lisbon MBA students to share their day to day MBA experience.

Quick Timeout

The first term is over and my head is still spinning. My friends and my family tell me to chill, but it is not easy to go from 1000 to 10 in just a couple of days.


As I am trying to enjoy the first 4 days away from the MBA since the beginning of the program, I am starting to realize what have been my last 2 months.


It is difficult to express and summarize all sensations and emotions that I have felt, but if I play a word association game regarding the MBA, the words would be something like Intense, Challenging and sometimes Overwhelming!


I have to admit that before joining the program, when I spoke with MBA graduates, all of them advised me regarding the heavy workload of a MBA program, but I always gave them a discount. I always though they were exaggerating and that with my experience I wouldn't feel the same. I was so wrong!


It has been an extraordinary experience involving much more than developing my business skills. The challenge of working in a flat hierarchy with others MBA students with different backgrounds, different cultures and different mindsets is the ultimate leadership preparation and I am loving it.


Each student has his own personal improvements roadmap and mine it's very ambitious, but I feel that I am in the right place at the right time and in the right program to achieve it.


The 2nd term, which is considered the most difficult in MBA’s programs, will start next Wednesday and the complete absence of free time with a roller-coaster of experiences will be my daily life, but I am really confident that when the term is over and I look back, I will feel the same rewarding sensation that I am feeling today!


0 comments so far.

Something to say?