The Lisbon MBA Diaries – the students share their experience
The Lisbon MBA is a partnership between the two top portuguese business schools, FCEE Católica and NOVA, in collaboration with MIT Sloan (USA). This blog is a place for The Lisbon MBA students to share their day to day MBA experience.

Experiencing MIT

By André Doria
My MIT experience started in the wrong foot, since I got sick when I arrived, and it took some time to finally get fit and join the classes. But once I was able to attend school, I remarked that the courses were lectured by most renowned professors, who approached classes with an open, moderating posture, generating 2-sided abundant in-depth discussions, which took us far in the topics analysis. The topics included strategy, innovation, ethics and law. I liked innovation a lot because of my inclination for software development, but I was especially surprised with ethics and law. The debate-based approach triggered a sudden interest for these social sciences, so far undiscovered. All of the courses were intensive and required a lot of preparation, but were at the same time rewarding in terms of the interaction and learning. In the end, we still found some time to play soccer and go out at night. Next time you’ll go to Boston, try the fancy environment of the Liberty Hotel or go dance at the Rumors. But don’t take a cab there – use the school bus…

0 comments so far.

Something to say?